Welcome to the Website of the
Hamurana Springs Incorporated Society
(Click on BLOG to read the latest)
The Hamurana Springs Recreational Reserve is a very special place which we would love you to visit in person, if you have not already done so. Our Society of Volunteers is solely committed to enhancing the visitor experience at the Reserve.
There are 4 key Groups immersed in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Reserve.
- The Hamurana Springs Incorporated Society
- The Department of Conservation
- The Hamurana Golf Club
- Ngati Rangiwewehi
During the last few years a major restoration of the Reserve has commenced:
- DOC has installed a new Carpark, new Bridges and Viewing Platforms
- The Society has planted thousands of native trees and shrubs
- The Society has commenced stream clearance and new track development
- The Hamurana Golf Club members have made huge improvements to the Golf Course
Much has been done but there is much more still to do.
This Website will keep you informed as we continue to nurture and improve a Recreation Reserve centred around a magical grove of Californian Coast Redwoods and stunning, crystal-clear Springs and Streams.
So WELCOME to our little slice of paradise at Hamurana, come visit, and when you do, TREAT IT WELL.